Pakistan, a death valley for Pakistanis!
March 11, 2011 3 Comments
Pakistan is heading toward stone age like barbarous culture where homegrown frustration is first reason of killing of each other through terrorism or target killing.Pakistan was rocked by 1842 incidents of terrorism in last 14 months of 2008 to 2009. The highest number of 1,122 terrorist incidents took place in Baluchistan.KPK was rocked by 692 terrorist incidents, followed by 12 in Punjab, 09 in Sindh and 7 in Islamabad.These facts were also revealed by interior ministry in our parliament but our senseless representatives only focused on their personal security ignoring the insecure living conditions of common citizens since the time of start of this unprecedented war..The latest glimpses of killing are
10 March 2010
At least 38 people were killed and 100 injured when the Taliban bombed a funeral procession for the wife of a tribal elder.Dilawar Khan accused the government of failing to provide enough support.
9th March 2011
Terrorists struck Punjab’s industrial hub of Faisalabad with a car bomb which exploded at a CNG filling station on Tuesday. At least 25 people were killed and 131 others injured. According to a Western agency report, the Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
Feb 10 2011
A teenage suicide bomber killed up to 27 Pakistani army recruits at a parade ground on Thursday, an attack the Taliban said was vengeance for U.S. drone strikes and local military offensives.Wearing school uniform, the boy blew himself up at the parade inside a heavily guarded military compound in the town of Mardan, killing the soldiers with shrapnel and explosives, officials said.
25 Dec 2010
A woman suicide bomber targeted a World Food Programme distribution center in the restive Bajaur tribal region of northwest Pakistan today, killing at least 42 people and injuring over 70 others, in the first such strike in which militants used a female attacker.”The bomber was a woman who detonated her suicide vest when she was stopped by security personnel for a search.
Drone Attacks from Jan to March 2011 under supervision of Pak army
- Jan 1, : US drones launched 3 separate strikes killing 18 people. In the first strike, drones struck a vehicle and a suspected militant compound in Mandi Khel, near Mir Ali, North Waziristan killing 9 people who are believed to be militants according to anonymous Pakistani intelligence officials. In the second strike, drones killed 5 alleged Taliban insurgents. In the last strike, a vehicle was struck in Boya village, in Datta Khel, North Waziristan killing 4 people
- Jan 7, : According to anonymous Pakistani officials, a USA drone strike in north waziristan killed at least four alleged militants.
- Jan12, : US drones fired 4 missile at a compound in Haiderkhel village near the town of Mir Ali in North Waziristan killing 6 people.
- Jan 18,: A US drone strike kills at least five militants in north wazirstan.
- Jan 23, : Three drone strikes killed around 13 suspected militants in North Waziristan. In the first strike, two missiles hit a vehicle and a house in Doga Mada Khel village, killing four people. Hours later, another drone fired two more missiles, killing two people riding a motorcycle in the same village. In the third strike, a militant compound was struck at Mando Khel, 60km south of Miram Shah near Razmak, North Waziristan killing 6 people. The same day around 2,000 tribesmen held a protest in Mir Ali, demanding an end to the drone strikes, saying they killed innocent civilians
- Feb 21, : Three drone-fired missiles demolished a house in the village of Kaza Panga, Azam Warsak district, South Waziristan killing seven suspected militants, including several Arabs and Turkmen. One of those killed was reported by Pakistani officials to be an Iraqi Al-qaeda finance coordinator named Abu Zaid al-Iraqi. Later that day, four missiles struck a house being used as a base by Taliban in the village of Spalga near Miran Shah in North Waziristan, killing eight suspected militants.
- Feb 24,: Two separate strikes by drones kill 6 in North Waziristan
- Mar 8, : Drone strike in Landidog village in South Waziristan kills 5 militants according to Pakistani officials.
High tides of target killing in Karachi:
Karachi has been through in state of rise in target killing mostly of which are based on ethnic and religious differences among armed groups ruling in different areas of Karachi.
There have been 1981 deaths in the first ten months of 2010 with the month of August witness to the highest death toll of the year with 162 people murdered. The month of June saw the second highest death toll of 135 people being killed in various localities of the city.
At least 60 to 70 persons were killed in the wave of violence continued as such in 2011 in the metropolis ,Wali Khan Babar, a reporter of private news channel, was also among the victims. He was shot dead in Liaquatabad in first month of 2011.
According to partial data complied by different groups thousand of people are being taken or killed by local law enforcing agencies and in retaliation these armed baloch groups start attacking govt personals and installations.In 2009, 277 persons including 152 civilians,88 security personals died in different incident.Same kind of data of killing of Pakistanis Vs Pakistanis is seen in 2010 where almost 200 people were reportedly killed in different incident of target killing and armed rivalry between govt and baloch groups.
Crime Against woman
Some 6,221 cases of violence against women were reported in the country from January to August 2010 including 778 cases of murder, 302 cases of honor killing and 1,611 cases of sexual assault.
These are few heart breaking deadly event happening in Pakistan and this process of self-destruction is going on in our soil for last may years under supervision for our elected govt and Pak army 5th largest army of the world.
What is this going on around us.??
Our mosques are looking like barracks of war zones where prayers are held under armed security.
Friday and funeral prayers are being attended by people in the fear that it might be funeral prayer for victims of next terrorist attack.
Beard Pukhtoon men are being considered as death threat in our harassed society which are living in this phobia for last 6, 7 years
Our schools, parks, recreation areas , shopping markets all are showing terrible scene giving us feel that we are passing life in insecure environment.These after effects of WAR ON TERROR is badly effecting the psychological development of young minds who are witnessing blood bath on daily basis, so situation is more worst than our thoughts for survival of our next generation.
It does not matter where the terrorists or criminals are pouring in our system giving rise to all kind of criminal activities,but it is clear they could have hoodwinked the security system any where any time. They are highly active in all big cities where major concern of law enforcing and security agencies are to provide security to only VIPs of state and people are left on the mercy of less force and their fate.
The issue of drone attacks taking flight from Pakistan and has woeful plights of all Pakistanis but from ground realities we get more heartbreaking facts that it claims that locals usually appreciate drone attacks when they compare it with the Pakistan Army’s attacks, which always result in collateral damages. People said that when a drone would hover over the skies, they wouldn’t be disturbed and would carry on their usual business because they would be sure that it does not target the civilians, but the same people would run for shelter when a Pakistani jet would appear in the skies because of its indiscriminate firing. They say that even in the same compound only the exact room — where a high value target (HVT) is present — is targeted and others in the same compound are spared.
It is also very interesting feature that for last 10 years Pakistan is receiving the most post-9/11 U.S. military funding, yet has failed to ferret out al Qaeda. It is strong perception that Taliban leaders from our soil perhaps not be eliminated as it could terminate supply of dollars directly into the pockets who are legitimizing this unreasonable war in our territory.
All government measures coming from Federal and provincial circles have been failed to end this wave of terrorism .Continuous increase of drone and suicidal attacks all over the country specially in those areas where army is still controlling security situation is giving us clear message that we have been thrown into death valley where death angels have become more powerful than our proclaimed leaders and security agencies those should be held responsible for our in-house security.