Dilemma of Childless couples
January 28, 2011 6 Comments
Couples’ necessary requirement after developing new relations between twos to have a baby . In Pakistan it is not even control of newly wed couple to plan a baby and they have accidental unplanned pregnancy within a year of marriage which is quite normal for majority couples and their families. It is some kind of social taboo too that if after one year couples don’t have a kid ,strange and sometime times stingy murmuring starts arising near close family circles.So in eastern cultures having children is fundamental and compulsory part of a strong marriage.
Sometimes the married life is unfulfilled with demand of children and couples have to pass life without having kids,In west this trend is not considered like that as Asian people take it mandatory part of their married lives .Modern couples of west think that having a child is not right of any couple and can be taken as choice and privileged that can be delayed or even avoided for peaceful life.They plan child or children if they found themselves capable of handling this responsibility on the basis of economic stability and emotional needs.
Infertility of any partner can be a reason of not having kid at proper age but in our eastern societies this issue can be a reason of major family conflict .
It can be considered as genuine reason of breaking of relation or 2nd marriage of husbands. One in ten people of childbearing age have or will experience problems with infertility. This is a very sensitive and personal issue and there are unusual circumstances beyond a couple’s control, regardless of the treatment they choose .
Infertility can cause obvious strain to normal relation of any coupler. Momentarily or emotional attachment that couples frequently enjoy before discovery of any such kind of weakness, may not attract them any longer.
Lengthy and expensive treatment for having child contributes additional stress between two people who are interested in having kids like others.
Some of childless couples even having mutual understanding on this childless state have to deal with the onslaught of irate relatives and friends . So delaying a child for a couple means that sooner a stingy kind of psychological pressure is tried to develop on spouses to have baby as soon as possible and sometimes very dangerous tips are given to couples people who cant afford heavy expenses of proper treatment.
Some of abnormal ways of domestic treatment are.
- Trying unhealthy and unethical methods to restore the fertility of woman.
- Going to magicians and fake religious clerics who again practice evil kind of acts to people specially women.
- Midwives are allowed to make different experiment on ladies, resulting more complications in female parts which directly play an important role in conceiving and bearing baby.
- Male partners are encouraged to go for 2nd wife without investigating that who between them have the real problem of infertility.
There are proper ways and reasonable reproductive medical procedures those are available in our big cities .Here proper plan and guidance is available to any affected couple who are in demand of having child.
- Hormonal therapy: These drugs can be used to encourage and regulate ovulation. Because the drugs stimulate the ovaries a woman can produce and mature one or more ova in each cycle. In men, fertility drugs can help increase sperm production.
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF): IVF is used to treat infertility blockages of the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, abnormal sperm, and some cases of unexplained infertility. If the fallopian tubes are damaged and can’t be repaired or there is a problem with sperm transportation, I.V.F may be recommended.The process of I.V.F. treatment is commonly known as a ‘test tube baby’.
- Artificial Insemination (AI) – Artificial insemination is used in cases where the male has a low sperm count or a high number of abnormal sperm, or the woman has sperm antibodies present in her cervical mucus.insemination is sometimes used. In this situation, the sperm and eggs are physically placed together in the woman’s womb and then left for nature to run its course.
- Surgery – if a woman’s fallopian tubes are blocked she will be offered surgery to unblock them. If the surgery is a success the couple may then be able to go on and have a natural conception. If the man’s sperm ducts are blocked and it’s interfering with sperm production or movement, he will also be offered surgery.
Guide lines to pass healthy and happy life for childless couple:
- They should try their best to eliminate the stress factor in their lives as much as possible that plays a major role to harm their fertility.Although this is accurately not applied in south Asian culture where over population is abundantly found in poor class who are all time victims of natural and man-made disasters.At all means moral and virtual support for each other shouldn’t be withdrawal on the basis of social pressures.
- They should adopt those measures which are recommended by trained gynecologists. In this regard some anomaly is observed that high doses of hormones are injected to male and female for unlimited period until the pregnancy is not confirmed. Such kind of forced pregnancy through synthetic drugs can be reason of twins and triplets among them there are chances that might be weak babies or have any kind of birth abnormality.This kind of chemical dosing without proper check and balance and without proper tests create long time side effects on health of patient.Mood disorders, sleep deprivation, early symptoms of osteoporosis, and impulsive behaviors.
- They should adopt health measures for passing happy married life. Regular physical exercise, avoiding lazy life styles and taking proper nutritional food with higher contents of minerals , calcium, fresh fruits and vegetables. can increase chances of normal pregnancy if nothing is found in medical examination.
- If the desire of child is unbearable then instead of chasing random painful and stress increasing methods ,one should take a decisions of adopting a child .This can bring great emotional changes in mood and relation of couples and sometimes bringing new-born child at home sharply reduces the stress-strain factor in the life of any individuals which helps to improve reproductive help specially in cases of unfit females.