US and Pakistani Courts hauling up ISI chief
December 25, 2010 7 Comments
ISI(Inter services Intelligence) has earned fame in many fields and specialties in and out of country and working on the issues of national interests. On paper work it is shown under working of Prime minister but in actual only GHQ cheif or CIA officers know its working capacity and direction better than PM .It is seriously accused that this Institute having almost 26000 of manpower is answerable neither to the leadership of the army, nor to the President or the Prime Minister.
ISI was established as an independent intelligence agency in 1948 in order to strengthen the sharing of military intelligence.Its main job objectives, assigned to its Chief was intelligence gathering, sharing and coordination between the Pakistan Army, Air Force and Navy.
ISI’s headquarters are situated in Rawalpindi and Islamabad. It is currently headed by Lt Gneral Shjuah Pasha, who took over as ISI’s Director in September 2008.
Allegations on ISI from International Level:
- Lt General Mahmmod Ahmed as Head of ISI was alleged by CIA to have ordered transfer of funds to lead hijacker Mohammed Atta Via British Pakistani operative Omar Shiekh.He was the same man who later on charged in Pakistan for kidnapping and killing Daniel pearl and now on death parole.
- Amrullah Saleh, the former director of Afghanistan’s intelligence service many times blamed that the ISI was “part of a landscape of destruction in this country”
- The UK (MoD) Ministry of Defence says Pakistan’s intelligence service, ISI, indirectly backs terrorism by supporting religious parties in the country.
- The PM of UK in his latest visit to India further supported his ministry and put blame on ISI for exporting terrorism in the region.
- In July 2008, American intelligence agencies said that ISI officers helped plan the 2008 Indian embassy bombing in Kabul.They said that the ISI officers had not been renegades, indicating that their actions might have been authorized by superiors
- India has blamed the ISI for training, arming and giving logistics to the separatists who are fighting the in Kashmir.
- The federation of American Scientists reports that the Inter-Service Intelligence, is the main supplier of funds and arms to the separatist groups.
Latest Summon to ISI chief.
After General Mehmmod: wanted” demand from US establishment now Gen Pasha has got an additional star in his shoulder that he is also summoned by US courts.
Both were once blue boys of USA for sharing all kind of information and working regarding war on terror like activities against Osama and Al qaida group.
Body language of Soldiers speaks who is acting like God father and who are humble slaves of super power
So on Dec 23 2010 A US court has issued summons to the chief of Pakistan’s main spy agency, the Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), and some top members of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) for appearing before the court next month in connection with the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
The Lashkar-e-Taiba, the Hizbe-Islami of Gulbuddin Heckmatyar, the Afghan Taliban headed by Mulla Mohammad Omar and the Haqqani network all have very good relations with our ISI people and many of our officers refused and accepted court-martial to work against those groups as once upon a time they many times dined and stayed in same army mess.
It is very much interested that even it is conformed by Pakistani sources too that we have become victim of home-grown terrorism where we were planning to plant nurseriesof terrorists for other countries using puktoon and southern Punjab belt but Lt gen Shujah Pasha from his latest intelligence source is still stuck to old politics of Pak army.
He said On July 8, 2010 as the Director General of ISI, categorically stated that foreign powers are involved in terrorist activities inside Pakistan. He said, ““The foreign powers are involved in terrorism and destabilization of the country
Popular political scandals of ISI within Pakistan :
- The 1990 elections for example were widely believed to have been rigged by the ISI in favor of the (IJI) Islami jamohhari Itehad party, a cocktail of nine mainly religious parties by the ISI under Gen Hamed gul, to ensure the defeat of Bhutto’s PPP.
- ISI was also involved in a massive corruption scandal of Meharan bank case known as “Mehrangate”, in which top ISI and Army brass were given large sums of money by Yunus Habib (the owner of Mehran Bank) to deposit ISI’s foreign exchange reserves in Mehran Bank
- The main wheeler and dealer of the ISI during the 2002 elections, the then Maj-Gen Ehtesham Zamir, now retired, has come out of the closet and admitted his guilt of manipulating the 2002 elections, and has directly blamed Gen Musharraf for ordering so.Talking to The News, the head of the ISI’s political cell in 2002, admitted manipulating the last elections at the behest of Musharraf of termed the defeat of the King’s party, the PML-Q, this time “a reaction of the unnatural dispensation.
- ISI has genuine repute of making ghost voters for bringing the blue boys of establishment in parliament house for creating jerks and pushes in unstable political situation of Pakistan.The win games of MMA in KPK and MQM in Karachi are its routine playing cards in Pakistan’s politics.
- Branding Pakistani intelligence agencies mainly the ISI as a “rogue agency”, country’s top nuclear scientist AQ Khan has said that it takes orders from the army chief and not the civilian government.
Charging that ISI operated outside the law and totally ignored court orders, Khan in a scathing attack on the military intelligence agency said it was being used against politicians and as an extended arm of the dictators.”
- Drone Attacks from Pakistani Bases by US planes are hitting the targets on the basis of information provided By ISI intelligence sources.The C.I.A. station chief in Islamabad recently left Pakistan after his identity was exposed. Some American officials suspect that Pakistan’s military intelligence agency deliberately did it so that the anger of tribal and Pakistani people who are being affected by such attack could have been directed toward Americans instead of military actions of Pak army.
- The relatives of missing persons frequently believe that the state intelligence agencies like ISI and MI are behind the disappearances of their loved ones, and this is often confirmed by re-surfaced disappeared persons. Many have testified in court that they were tortured in various torture cell s run by the state intelligence agencies, but the courts have consistently shown their inability to hold those responsible accountable.
- It was not only a case of Omer cheema who has clearly put blame on ISI for his kidnapping and torture in view of writing against Pak army and its working polices.His exact wordings against ISI is showing his resilient stand on his work as daring journalist.
H e said“I have suspicions and every journalist has suspicions that all fingers point to the ISI,” Mr. Cheema said, using the acronym for the ISI agency.
Latest badge on Working of ISI
- Islamabad, Dec 24 : The investigation of Benazir Bhutto’s assassination is likely to be widened to unveil some faces who have so far been out of the picture, after two former police officers who were arrested for their alleged involvement in the murder case, told investigators that some intelligence officials were in contact with them on December 27, 2007.
Special Public Prosecutor Chaudhry Zulfiqar Ali told reporters that the arrested duo- former Rawalpindi city police chief Saud Aziz and SP Khurram Shahzad- had informed the investigators that four officers of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and Military Intelligence (MI) had been in contact with them.
It is conclusive and right time to realize, analyze and restructure the role of ISI in national and international military politics.
It is evident through all ways that involvement of ISI in domestic politics and its self created science of hidden militarism not become obsolete but has now become biggest threat to security and solidarity of Pakistan.
The rule of thumb of national working of ISI is “to ensure that no political party should get an overall majority: has become s a big hurdle of structuring the political setup in Pakistan.This rule of thumb was being applied since the time of Gen Ayub where even game plan was succesfully implanted against Jinnah’s sister.
This rule of thumb always provides the gate way to all martial laws and new concept of militarism under US interests.
In 63 years of life , Pakistan for 38 years were directly ruled by military dictators with opposite kind of ruling themes. So this is not a way a system can sustain on ad hoc basis and by implying foreign interests which were foremost priorities of Military rulers.So we have to rethink with positive and progressive approach that whether we can come in the queue of progressive countries with same kind of allegations and track record as described above in this write-up.